Thursday, June 7, 2012

Not My Destiny, But Hashem's

Hi,


My name is Yael.  It is not the name I was born with, but I will touch on that later.   The name of my blog is Living My Jewish Destiny.  Why did I chose such a name?  Well, I can't say that I am living my dream because who I am and where I live was certainly not a dream of mine at all and wasn't even in the vicinity of what I wanted.


But I have learned, dreams are made by people, but destiny is made by G-d.  You know the old saying, "We plan and G-d laughs"?  Well, that is my life to a tee, a life full of coincidences and situations that make me feel as though I boarded a train at some point in my life and just ended up here.  
At some point, I let go and let G-d.


Now, let's look at the word 'coincidence.'  It implies some sort of element of surprise without any intention.  On my part, I feel these coincidences in my life were surprises, not intentional at all,


But if I look back and put them all together and analyze how one lead to another and then another and so on, I can clearly see (looking through my spiritual spy glasses of course) the hand of the Almighty, of Hashem.  


No comments:

Post a Comment